Throwing a party for you and your friends that follow the Paleo diet shouldn't mean less tasty snacks. Here are 3 delicious Paleo recipes so you can be the hero of any allergy-restricted party.
1. Chili Garlic Arugula Paleo Flatbread
Yes, you heard it right: Paleo flatbread! This recipe is unbelievably easy recipe and makes a fluffy, nutty and flavorful base to support any of your favorite toppings.
1. Make the flatbread itself first. The recipe comes from the Bob's Red Mill, and uses their trusty Paleo flour. I refuse to use anything else, it's SO easy to use. The recipe is for pizza crust, so to modify it for a flatbread, cook it at 350° for 12-15 minutes and remove.
2. While the Paleo flatbread base is baking, start cutting up and preparing all of the delicious toppings:
- 2 Tbsp diced garlic (or more, I always support more garlic)
- 1/4 small red onion cut into long, thin strips
- 1 Wild Zora Chili Beef bar, cubed
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1-2 cups organic arugula
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Tbsp sea salt
3. 2 minutes before the bread is finished, pull it out and pour half of your extra virgin olive oil over it, and then spread the diced garlic all over it. Put back in the oven for the final couple minutes.
4. Remove your beautiful, Paleo bread from the oven and let cool for just 3-4 minutes.
5. Add your toppings and drizzle the rest of the olive oil over the top. Make sure to take pictures of your highly photogenic Paleo flatbread that will have your primal friends swooning.
Plus, don't feel constrained by our toppings! Add what you want, and check here to make sure it's Paleo compliant.
2. 5-Minute Shishito Pepper Recipe
This Paleo, gluten-free snack idea will take you a few minutes to make, and even less time for your friends to devour. Most people haven't heard of these flavorful little peppers, but they are available in most grocery stores.
All you are going to need is:
- 1 bag shishito peppers
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 tsp sea salt
- 1 lime (or two if you're feeling really zesty)
3. Paleo Avocado "Caprese" Skewers
Oh Caprese salad, the perfect combination of creamy, salty, acidic and herbaceous. In one bite you get everything you could ever want...but if you're Paleo, the traditional mozzarella cheese is nothing but a daydream.
So, I went on the hunt to find the perfect Paleo substitute and the answer is: AVOCADO OF COURSE! We are not worthy of such an amazing, velvety fruit.
I've also added some meat to the equation, so these are your grandma's Caprese skewers that have received a huge Paleo facelift.
You will need:
- Sliced tomatoes
- Sliced ripe avocados
- Basil in it's full leafy from
- Wild Zora Chili Beef bars cut into squares
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
I don't know what kind of party you're throwing, so scale the amounts of each ingredient accordingly. Or make 40 for yourself, no judgment!
It couldn't be easier...
1. Slice the tomatoes, avocados and Wild Zora bars so that they are similar sized pieces.
2. Pick the basil leaves off of the stem and leave them whole.
3. Stab the toothpick through the tomatoes, avocados, chili beef bars, and basil leaves in whichever alternating order feels good to you.
4. Drizzle olive oil over the skewer and sprinkle with salt.
That's it! Your friends will thank you for your thoughtfulness towards their Paleo diet, you have created completely Instagram worthy party food and you can impress everyone by saying 'Caprese' and 'Shishito' every time you walk them through your colorful Paleo food spread. Win, win, win!
Zora Tabin (Founder, Mom & Healthy Snack Enthusiast)